Whether you want to lose weight or just want to preserve your sleek shape, boosting your metabolism to a higher rate can always help. There are several ways that you can use to give your metabolism that extra ump – including exercising earlier in the day – but certain foods can also help boost your metabolism.
Increasing your metabolism means your body burns calories at a higher rate. So if have high metabolism your body is burning calories even when you aren’t working hard at the gym. A slow metabolism can cause you to gain weight, because you consume more than your body is burning.
• Eat breakfast – A lot of people do not like to eat breakfast in the morning for whatever reason, but if you eat breakfast it revs up your body and gets your metabolism going. A 250-calorie snack is all it takes to boost your metabolism in the morning.
• Add spices to foods – In studies from the U.S. Agricultural Research Service, cinnamon is one of the spices that will increase your metabolism and all you have to have is ¼ to 1 tsp per day! So, add it to your piece of toast that you are eating for breakfast.
• Add kiwi to your diet – Kiwis contain a lot of vitamin C, but if you add 500 mg of it, you will burn up to 39% more fat while you exercise.
• Take a multivitamin – If you add 120 mcg a day it will increase your metabolism and help you to burn fat quicker.
• Eat tomatoes – Chromium, which is found in tomatoes and in a supplement form, will also help boost the way you burn fat.
If you really want to set in motion your metabolism, you might also try dividing your meals into smaller portions that you can eat more often during the day. Each time you eat, it increases your metabolism, so as crazy as it may sound, if you eat frequently it can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Try some of the tips listed above and see if you don’t feel better and if you don’t begin to lose weight. Getting your metabolism going first thing can help burn those unwanted calories and help you keep the weight off.